Saturday, April 23, 2011

Blonde or Brunette?

Every winter I get this itch to darken my hair. Almost like I will feel warmer with dark hair. I don't know where it comes from.  Nor, have I actually been brave enough to go dark. Last June was the darkest I've ever had my hair and it was still quite blonde.

When we found out I was pregnant, I decided I needed a change, so I went a bit darker and got bangs (fringe). Worse haircut of my life! I can't blame the stylist, she did exactly what I asked her to do. I just hated it, and felt so blah. The bangs were a terrible, terrible mistake and the color a bit mousey. It's almost a year later and I am still growing out the bangs. Skip had vetoed the whole idea from the beginning, should have listened to him.

Here we are at winter and I've got the itch to dye my hair dark brown again. I decided to look up celebrities that have gone from blonde to brunette and see if they can give me any guidance. I found these pictures on Glam.com, they have a nice list of ladies who made the jump.



I actually think all of these women look better as a brunette. Of course they each had a stylist and make-up artist to help make them even more fabulous. But still. They look more mature, but yet softer. There is the saying that blondes have more fun and brunettes have more brains. So if I switch to a brunette, but am a natural blonde, can I have both??

Out of the eight women on Glam.com's Blonde to Brunette list, six had gone back to being blonde. Maybe that should tell me something. What do you think? Should I go for it? Have you ever made a drastic change to your hair? My appointment is scheduled for this Wednesday. Let me know what you think. And yes, the Skipper has vetoed the brown hair already...

For your enjoyment, here is hopefully the only existing photo of my terrible haircut... Just TERRIBLE!
Here is little Ava sporting what we call her "Mad Scientist" hairdo.

1 comment:

  1. I went really dark for about a year. I loved it for awhile. It seemed to really bring out things like skin tone and eyes. I did get bored of eventually and dyed it back. Thats the fun of it though...you can always go back! I think you'd look fabulous with dark hair so I say go for it!! Brandon still wishes I would dye it back...he loved it dark.

    Jessica Lawhern

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...