Friday, December 16, 2011

We're Engaged!

On this day, three years ago, in a tiny little town, nestled away in the North Carolina mountains, Johan popped the question. Down on one knee, looking up at me with tears in his eyes, he asked me to marry him. I said yes and then called our families and shared the good news. Well, first I called Stacy and told her to get her little tail back to the house so we could all celebrate as we were vacationing in Banner Elk with her and her boyfriend (at the time, now husband).

The ring was perfect. Plain and simple, like me. It's gold, with a single diamond. My one friend asked if I wanted gold and yes, yes I did. I know platinum is the IN thing, but gold jewelry looks better with my skin tone. I couldn't have designed a more perfect ring for myself.

And here we are, three years later married, with a little baby, who I might add, is sleeping next to me while I write this. That day seems far away now, but I can still remember it like it was yesterday. As I was so happy this wonderful man wanted me to be his wife.

Here's a few pictures from that trip back home.






1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...