Thursday, October 20, 2011

Nighty, night

It's almost 10 pm and the rest of the Scheepers family is sound asleep. Lucky ducks. Mom's iPad addiction, has made her Internet addiction much worse.

Before Ava was born we always said, "No way, she'll never sleep in our bed!" And here we are, almost 9 months down the road and the little princess hogs most of the bed, 99% of the time. At the moment, she's asleep in the camping cot next to my bed. Sometime before sunrise, I'll sneak her into our bed. Not once has she slept the night in her own room, in her own, proper cot.

Maybe I am actually a lazy person and haven't realized it? I honestly don't know how other mothers put their tiny little babies in the next room and still manage sleep?

Just now, little miss woke up crying, I leaned over and handed her a bottle and she went right back to sleep. I didn't even get out of bed.

I am sure if we had been following a sleep training course, she'd be sleeping through the night by now and in her own bed, in her own room. But how much fun would that be? It's not her whose not ready, she sleeps alone at school every day. It's me, I am the one who needs her close. Any suggestions on how to get her out of our bed and into her own room?

So right now, I am wide awake, waiting for her to wake up, so I can put her in bed with us, playing Words with Friends, pinning on Pinterest, reading Reader's Digest and day dreaming about taking the Gautrain into work tomorrow.

Really excited about the Gautrain. If it is quick enough, my whole life will change. I'll save money on my commute. I'll lower my stress levels by not having to deal with bad drivers. I'll get at least an extra 30 minutes with my family every morning. That's 2.5 more hours a week. Life changing people! I'll let you know how it goes.

Nighty, night.
Blair

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...